|Table Of Contents|
An IP-Transparent Tor Hidden Service Connector
Welcome to the homepage of OnionCat, here you'll find all information about OnionCat.
What is OnionCat?
OnionCat creates a transparent IP layer on top of Tor's hidden services. It transmits any kind of IP-based data transparently through the Tor network on a location hidden basis.
You can think of it as a point-to-multipoint VPN between hidden services.
OnionCat is based on anonymizing transport layers like Tor.
Why should you use OnionCat?
It allows users to anonymously access Internet services. Its architecture guarantees that the real IP of users cannot be revealed in any way.
Tor also provides so-called Hidden Services. Those are services which are hidden within the Tor network. This means that not only the user
stays anonymous but also the service (destination). Hidden services have several benefits but unfortunately they are not very user-friendly
and they have some protocol restrictions. OnionCat manages to build a complete IP transparent VPN based on those hidden services, provides
a simple well-known interface and has the potential to create an anonymous global network which could evolve to a feature- and information-rich
network like we know the plain Internet today.
- Article about OnionCat published in German edition of the Hakin9 Magazine (issue 2/2010): "Ein anonymes Internet".
- 26C3 is over. We did a lighning talk and had several discussions with people interested in OnionCat. Have a look at the project page of the 26C3-Wiki.
- This Wiki is now available from within I2P at http://japcn2nmte7ghnl3llew3p2qpkkz5bwxofgyzfenkex5oui3q45a.b32.i2p/onioncat/.
- First version of GarliCat - OnionCat for I2P - released -> Garlicat-HOWTO, download.
- Meet us in Berlin at the 26C3
- Initial osx package is available, tun driver already included, read license in installer file: ocat/download/Osx/Onioncat.mpkg.zip
- Jabber Service available under: fd87:d87e:eb43:41b0:a32:f057:6dba:b205 jabber.onion.aio jabber domain: jabber.onion.aio
- Ubuntu Packages can be downloaded from https://launchpad.net/~fhasex20/+archive/ppa, Debian packages comming soon
- Ubuntu Packages and Debian packages are ready to build
- Talk on 25th Chaos Communication Congress accepted. See Schedule for further information.
- Serious memory bug fixed in OnionCat 0.1.9 release 397.
- OnionCat mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org available (send mail to email@example.com for subscription).
- See Services for available services.
- IRC CHANGED IP ADDRESS!!! See Services.
There are many things you can do. Have a look at the Volunteer page.
The source code is released under the . Feel free to use it under these conditions.
Do you want to support this project? You can!